TravelGuide.cz12829 equipments 3018 travel tips in the Czech and Slovak Republic
Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary and the Premonstrat´s Monastery on Svatý Kopeček (Saint Hill)
- Type of the point of interest: Sacral sights and pilgrim places
- Address: Svatý Kopeček, 772 00 Olomouc
- Telephone: +420 585 385 342
- Web: www.olomouc-tourism.cz
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
GPS: 49°37'44.76", 17°20'16.8"
Služby v okolí
- Penzion SIRIUS
- Lázeňský & wellness hotel Niva
- Lázeňský dům HUBERT
- Wellness & Spa hotel Augustiniánský dům
- Penzion ANEBEL
One of the most famous and most visited pilgrim places in the Czech Republic, visible from the vast lowlands of Haná, was built by the Premonstrats of the monastery on Hradisko. The Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary, around which the whole pilgrim area was built later on, has an unusual position. Its front face is turned back to the mother monastery and in this way the priest, blessing believers from the altar, was in fact also blessing the monastery at the same time when the door was open. The way of the Cross with its line of trees is connecting both objects and is an example of an impressive Baroque landscape composition. After 1989 the Premonstrats came back and renewed the pilgrim tradition of this place.
V oblasti do 30 km jsem nalezl 22 ubytovacích zařízení v těchto obcích: